Performance Comparison of G.711 in different Efficiency Modes using ertps service flow
||International Journal of P2P Network Trends and Technology (IJPTT)||
|© 2016 by IJPTT Journal|
|Volume - 6 Issue - 1
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Amandeep Kaur, Harsukhpreet Singh, Anurag Sharma|
|DOI : 10.14445/22492615/IJPTT-V22P401|
Amandeep Kaur, Harsukhpreet Singh, Anurag Sharma "Performance Comparison of G.711 in different Efficiency Modes using ertps service flow". International Journal of P2P Network Trends and Technology (IJPTT), V6(1):1-3 Jan - Feb 2016, ISSN:2249-2615, www.ijpttjournal.org, Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
WiMAX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is currently one of the hottest technologies in broadband wireless access. The IEEE 802.16 wireless technology provides high throughput broadband connections over long distance. One of killer applications for the 802.16 is Voice over IP (VoIP) service; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a vastly growing technology which enables the transport of voice data over Internet Protocol based networks. In this research paper we investigate the performance of VoIP traffic over WiMAX network. We analyzed the performance of VoIP codec G.711 in terms of jitter, delay & throughput by comparing different modes of efficiency. The simulation was done using OPNET Modeler 14.5 and simulation results found the efficiency mode in which VoIP codec performed better.
1. HR Othman, DM. Ali, N AMohdYusof, S Syahidah, A Idris, “ Performance Analysis of VoIP over Mobile WiMAX (IEEE 802.16e) Best Effort Class” , IEEE 5th Control and System Graduate Research Colloquium, Aug. 11 - 12, UiTM, Shah Alam, Malaysia, 2014, pp: 130-135.
2. K Jakimoski , T Janevski, “ Priority Based Uplink Scheduling Scheme for WiMAX Service Classes” , I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, 2013, pp: 66-74.
3. S Saha, A Chakraborty, AK Mukhopadhyay, A K Bhattacharjee, “Performance Analysis of Service Classes for IEEE 802.16m QoS Optimization” , ICETACS 2013, pp: 149-155.
4. I Adhicandra, “Measuring Data and VoIP Traffic in WiMAX Networks”, Journal of Telecommunications, Volume 2, Issue 1, April 2010, pp:1-6.
5. S. Alshomrani, S. Qamar, S. Jan, I. Khan and I. A. Shah, “QoS of VoIP over WiMAX Access Networks”, International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications [Volume 3, Issue 4, April 2012, pp: 92- 98.
6. S. Sengupta, M. Chatterjee and S. Ganguly, "Improving quality of VoIP streams over WiMax," Computers, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 57,2008, pp: 145-156.
7. M Seyedzadegan and M Othman, “IEEE 802.16: WiMAX Overview, WiMAX Architecture”, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 5, October 2013, pp: 784-787.
8. MA Mohamed, FW Zaki and RH Mosbah, “Improving Quality of VoIP over WiMAX”, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 3, No 3, May 2012 ISSN (Online): 1694-0814, pp: 85-91.
9. PD Joshi, S Jangale, “Analysis of VoIP traffic in WiMAX using NS2 simulator”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering Volume 1, Issue 2, April 2012, pp: 109-114.
The simulation was done using OPNET Modeler 14.5 and simulation results found the efficiency mode in which VoIP codec performed better.